WHAT IS SEO
SEO (Search engine optimization) is a collection of tools and best practices that help the website rank higher in search engine results, thereby driving more traffic to the site and potentially more business. It is the process of making a web page easy to find, easy to crawl, and easy to categorize. SEO is an integral part of any digital marketing strategy. It is the process of online visibility in no-paid search engine results. It also increase ranking on search from Google, Bing and Yahoo and make sure that the website is found with relevant searches. It increases the amount of visitors to the website and the conversions into actual sales. For any business, advertising is of utmost need. When the business goes online, the advertising works best to garner a huge amount of web traffic so there SEO gives an opportunity for a great deal of free advertising. SEO is called integrated digital marketing. Apparently, there is no such difference between SEO and digital marketing approaches; both execute the same functions and possess the same skills, but the use of SEO is becoming important for the overall success of digital marketing. SEO in digital marketing is a part a separate channel without SEO digital marketing is incomplete, to learn Digital Marketing call DIgital marketing institute in Pitampura Delhi.
For SEO to work on the website we need to optimize a website using on-page and off-page techniques which are the core parts of SEO and it includes the following factors-On page technique includes the following factors like Competitors analysis, Web site analysis, Keyword Research, Long tail, Content, Alt Tags, Header Tags etc whereas Off page technique factors includes Guest Posting, PPT, Blog Promotion, Social Media, Infographics, Article etc.
ON PAGE TECHNIQUE
On-page SEO is an essential part of website optimization. It includes technical set-up of the quality of our code – textual and visual content and user-friendliness of our site. On-page SEO consists of all the elements of SEO that can controlled at its best. ON page optimization is the safest way to achieve top rankings in Google. This is one thing which is totally in our control. If we own a website, we can control the technical issues and the quality of our content. It includes the following factors:
- Title and Meta Description tags– Title and meta description are the main tags within the website. They are considered to be pretty important ranking factors and play a huge role in CTR and each page should have both these tags optimized. It should be unique and descriptive and should stick to the length limit i.e 70 characters fot Title, 155 for Description.
- URL structure:-URL is short for Uniform Resource Locator, is a subset of the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) that specifies where an identified resource is available and the mechanism for retrieving it. It should never be longer than 2,048 characters otherwise Internet Explorer won’t be able to load the page.
- Headings (H1)-Headings are usually the largest words on the page, and for that reason, search engines give them a little more weight than the other page copy. It is a good idea to work the target keywords into the headings of each web page but make sure it accurately reflect the page content.
- Page content-The content on the pages needs to be useful to people. If we search for something too specific to find our page, they need to be able to find what they’re looking for. It needs to be easy to read and provide value to the end user.
OFF PAGE TECHNIQUE
Off-page SEO focuses on increasing the authority of our domain through the act of getting links from other websites. It is the act of optimizing our brand’s online and offline footprint through the use of content, relationships, and links to create an optimal experience for prospects and search engine crawl bots. It typically leads to gradual increases in positive brand mentions, search rankings, traffic to our site, and conversions. Its benefits are that it increases Rankings, Page Ranks, greater exposure because when a website ranks in the top positions it gets more links, more visits and more social media mentions. Off-page SEO is as important as on-site SEO. It includes the following factors:
How does SEO work?
Search engine are not humans but the software that crawls the web page content. So, not like humans search engines are text-driven. They complete a number of activities that bring search results – crawling, scanning and storing (or index), courses of action, measuring pertinence, and recovering. The distinction with an excellence count is that you’re calculating components of design, rather than actions of an individual. Some of the elements that are known to build up a quality score are Web names and URLs, Page Content, Meta Tags, Page Design.
So this is how the cycle works:
- Indexing: The Spider stores the indexed page in a giant database from where those can be retrieved upon entering a related search string or keyword.
- Search work: With every search request, the search engine processes, i.e., it contrasts the key phrases searched with the pages indexed and stored in its record. So, the search engine is an act of measuring the relevancy of all the pages and matches with what it indexed as per the keywords inserted in the SERP.
- Algorithms: A search algorithm is a diagnostic that takes a puzzle, sorts through a record which contains cataloged keywords and the URLs and then reverts pages that have the word or phrase that was looked for, either in the body content or in a URL that directs to the page. Three search algorithms are there – On-site, Off-site, and Whole-site algorithms.
The search string generates different results in different search engines having distinct algorithms. And all these search engines (primary, secondary, and targeted) periodically do keep on changing their algorithms.
Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing:
In Digital marketing services SEO is the most important part of digital marketing.It is the process of creation a web page easy to find, easy to crawl, and easy to categorize. It is about helping our customers find out our business from among thousand of other companies. SEO is an integral part of any digital marketing strategy to learn reach DIgital marketing institute in Pitampura .
BENEFITS OF SEO
SEO has the potential to make a huge impact on the company’s most important goals, like increasing your leads and sales. There are some biggest benefits of optimizing the site for search. To learn SEO join our Online SEO training in Pitampura.
1. SEO targets quality traffic
One of the biggest advantages of SEO is that it’s an inbound marketing strategy. Unlike traditional “outbound” advertising channels, which involve reaching out to consumers whether they want to hear from you or not, inbound methods center on making it easy for your audience to find you when they want information. These traditional methods, like cold calling, spam emails, and interruptive ads, are done solely with the advertiser’s goals in mind. Inbound marketing, on the other hand, is much more customer-centric, it involves creating helpful resources and making helpful information more easily accessible. This is not only much more convenient for consumers but also results in more qualified leads for our business.
2. Don’t need to pay for ads in SEO
Google’s organic rankings are based entirely on what its algorithm determines to be the best results for any given query. It means once the page is created the search engine deems worthy of directing their users to, it can continue to attract traffic to your site for months or With SEO, we have the potential to avoid paying this amount and earn traffic to our site with no ongoing costs at all.
3. SEO gets more clicks than PPC
Although PPC ads appear above organic rankings, 71.33% of searches result in a click on an organic result on the first page. It’s difficult to say that this is, though the most logical conclusion is that users trust Google’s algorithm. They know which spots advertisers are paying for, and they choose to instead visit the pages the search engine has determined to be the best.The fact is that the majority of the clicks for any given search go to an organic result.
4. SEO helps PR
Although SEO and PR may seem like entirely separate marketing strategies, but can use them together to maximize the results. The biggest connection between the two lies in link building. It is one of the biggest parts of an SEO professional’s job to identify opportunities for placement or coverage on industry blogs, news publications, and other relevant sites.
5. Take the business to the next level
SEO can bring it thousands upon thousands of visitors to our website a day. This may put our company in a position of needing to expand to a larger web server to accommodate the traffic and sales to our website. Customers may recommend a product or service that they were looking for when they visited our website. SEO is a really great investment for a company and could be what we need to take it to the next level.
There are some more benefits of SEO :
1. Highly targeted. Visitors are searching for particular products or services so will often have a high intent to purchase ,they are qualified visitors.
2. Potentially low cost visitors. There are no media costs for ad display or click through. Costs arise solely from the optimization process where agencies are paid to improve positions in the search results.
3. Dynamic. The search engine robots will crawl the home page of popular sites daily, so new content is included relatively quickly for the most popular pages of a site (less so for deep links).
Every time, the algorithms are changing giving challenges in front of you.“SEO is a never-ending process.” With changing online customer behaviour, search engines, too, have developed different policies. Some may think only about ranking in the SERP without even bothering about their users. The Spiders after indexing the content will take note of its quality and relevance. If it finds some dishonest means are taken to rank in the search results, it will surely spam it, and in dire cases, the search engines will totally ban our website. Therefore, the main task is to think about your users first, how they navigate our site, and their satisfactions at using your website; all this would directly affect the site popularity or the time they spend in each page. Online SEO Training in Pitampura will help you to become a SEO freelancer.
Written By- Vanshika Kakkar